" Come sit by my side and over a cup of tea, speak to me of the goodness of life."
Lady Evelyn Fitzgerald Dodson

Monday, March 28, 2011

Ausperitea Ceylon

On Saturday morning, we went to a local Farmer's Market, which is populated largely by non-food vendors (I know, go figure, right? It's more a destination market, with a homemade soap vendor, a lotion vendor, and other non-comestibles for sale. How I miss the roadside vegetable stands of my old home!).

Ausperitea, a local tea vendor, was the first booth we came upon. We've sampled their tea in local restaurants, and decided to find a black tea to bring home for afternoon tea on the patio. The gentleman manning the booth began to explain that they focus on black teas in the winter and green teas and herbals in the summer. But when I selected a ceylon tea, he said that ceylon was so bland, he couldn't come up with a description for it. Although somewhat taken aback that he would try to discourage a purchase, I pointed out that ceylon teas were supposed to be mild and smooth as they are an afternoon tea, not a brisk morning tea. T selected a black nepal tea, which I hope she will share with me, and which was the tea he was pushing. None of the black teas are listed on their webpage, so I can't verify the name of the tea T tried.

Ausperitea's ceylon is very mild, much more mild than other ceylons I've tried and enjoyed, but it's perfectly acceptable. Sunday morning we paired it with a mushroom and green onion omelet, turkey bacon, and whole wheat toast with strawberry-rhubarb jam (also locally made by Apple Annie's Orchard). A lovely way to start a Sunday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment