" Come sit by my side and over a cup of tea, speak to me of the goodness of life."
Lady Evelyn Fitzgerald Dodson

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Crossroads Coffee Company

No, you read that right; today I am reviewing a small coffee house that serves tea. Most coffee shops make a half hearted effort to provide tea for the erstwhile tea drinker who wanders in, but selection is usually limited. A certain huge chain has gotten my tea order wrong 4 times out of 5, so hot water plus teabag, which seems pretty easy when compared to lattes and espressos and made up foreign-sounding names, is perhaps more difficult than this tea drinker suspected.

Yesterday I met my friend for a 2.5-mile exercise walk, and then we went to The Crossroads Coffee Company for a light refreshment (we deserved it, don't you think, after 2.5 miles?). They serve Mighty Leaf teas, one of my bagged favorites. Mighty Leaf teas are strong and flavorful, and The Crossroads Coffee Company provided both black and herbal tea choices. Honey as well as raw sugar, but only skim milk (half and half is available, but tea drinkers never use half and half) were provided. I had a bacon and cheddar scone with my tea that was slightly on the dry side, but savory scones can be hard to keep both savory and moist, so I am not faulting them that. My friend had a feta and spinach item that looked delicious and which she said was very rich.

The ambiance was nice, with a few comfy chairs and a small sofa, a small patio, a gelato bar, and a vape lounge. (We did not know this was a thing.) We found it enjoyable and now have a place where we can safely order a hot tea and not receive an iced coffee instead (ahem, large chain coffee provider).

No comments:

Post a Comment