" Come sit by my side and over a cup of tea, speak to me of the goodness of life."
Lady Evelyn Fitzgerald Dodson

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Typhoo Tea

A nice, strong cup of tea that stands up to milk and sugar--that's what we like in the parlor. And this week, we are serving Typhoo Tea, that stalwart British tea. This is the tea to warm your toes after a cold day spent snowshoeing or fishing, the comfort tea you reach for when you just need a good cup of tea to brace yourself to face the world. Because it's blended, there's no individual elements that jump out to a sipper. It's robust and smooth and as good with a sandwich or soup as it is alone.


2 comments:

  1. Rather late to the party... I've seen this tea around but have been hesitant to try it (the budget being what it is). I'm curious; how does it compare to PG Tips, my go-to breakfast tea?

    Korina, from Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like PG Tips, and I'd say this was pretty comparable. I think both are no-nonsense, strong teas that people drink in England.

    ReplyDelete