" Come sit by my side and over a cup of tea, speak to me of the goodness of life."
Lady Evelyn Fitzgerald Dodson

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Red Rose Tea

June is such a lovely, but hot, month out here. The early morning, however, is perfect, and sitting on the patio is one of my most favorite things in the world. Add tea and a book and the parlor is in heaven.

This week, we've been serving blueberry waffles, turkey bacon, and good, old fashioned Red Rose tea. It takes me back to being a little girl, at my grandmother's with my mother and her sisters, when they drank Red Rose tea and sat at the lace-covered table, gossiping and chatting and having a wonderful time together. It's homey and comforting and surprisingly delicious. Now we are looking for a lace tablecloth for the parlor.

No comments:

Post a Comment