" Come sit by my side and over a cup of tea, speak to me of the goodness of life."
Lady Evelyn Fitzgerald Dodson

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tea Books

The Story of Tea: A Cultural History and Drinking Guide by Mary Lou and Robert J. Heiss

Although I've been a tea drinker all my life, even when I seriously started to pursue loose leaf teas and search out tea rooms, I never knew or understood the differences between the different types and grades of tea. This book is a wonderfully illustrated encyclopedia of all things tea--types, grades, definitions, regional varieties, environments, tea accessories, and instructions for brewing every different type of tea. The nerdy historian in me loved the section on the history of tea around the world and the physical descriptions of the different tea growing regions. A good, thorough tea guide that goes far beyond the basics, and interesting to both the tea lover and new tea drinker alike.

















No comments:

Post a Comment