" Come sit by my side and over a cup of tea, speak to me of the goodness of life."
Lady Evelyn Fitzgerald Dodson

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Oliver Pluff and Company East Indian Tea

I was in Boston earlier this year, and of course I had to visit the Boston Tea Party Museum. I didn't have time to eat at the tea room associated with it, But I did tour the museum. And naturally, I bought tea.

Oliver Pluff and Company East Indian tea is alleged to be the same blend of tea that was one of the tea varieties tossed into Boston Harbor that fateful night in 1774. It's a robust tea, somewhat malty but without the depth of an Assam. It's very hearty, and would make a good tea for a coffee drinker to try.

We served it for elevenses here on the patio with homemade blueberry cornbread. A delicious and decidedly unsweet morning break that was delightful.




No comments:

Post a Comment